Wall Covering Hanging Instructions
Please read these instructions carefully before hanging this wallcovering. It is advisable that a professional decorator is used.
- Walls should be dry, clean and even.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper.
- For best results, we recommend that walls are cross-lined using a good quality lining paper. Sizing the lining paper will aid adhesion.
- Lining should be allowed to dry out completely before hanging the wall covering.
Pasting and Hanging
- This is a paste-the-wall product. The decorator should paste the wall and not the back of the wall covering.
- A good quality, solvent free, fungicide protected ready-mixed ‘tub’ adhesive should be used.
- Paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hang one length at a time, to an area slightly wider than width of the paper.
- Butt joints and use a decorator's brush to smooth down the wall covering, working from the centre to the edges to express air bubbles.
- Avoid squeezing paste out of the joints and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
- No paste should be allowed to come into contact with the surface and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst hanging the wall covering.
- Paste will damage the surface. The company cannot accept responsibility for marks or damage caused by paste.
- Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean damp sponge.
This information has been supplied in good faith, but without guarantee. Site conditions are beyond our control. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the environment is suitable for the wallcovering.